Thursday, May 29, 2008

Chapter 7

The next morning Nikki woke up with what felt like a thousand butterflies fluttering around in her stomach. She couldn’t understand what it was about Jon that made her this way. Normally she was never like this but for some reason the thought of him made her feel like a teenager all over again. She hopped up out of her bed and looked over at her closet “What am I going to wear!” There were a lot of new outfits she had but she wanted to make sure she picked out the one she thought that Jon would like. “Maybe I should call Megan, she should know what he likes”

As she was standing there looking through her closet her phone rang making her heart skip a beat. She ran across the room to the night stand to pick it up.

“Hello”

“Hey girl whatcha doin?”

“Hey Megan. I was getting ready to call you”

“Why is something wrong? Is Billy bothering you again?”

“No, thank god I haven’t heard from him in a few days. I was actually calling you about Jon”

“Oh my god did he call you Nikki?”

“Yeah he called me last night and wants to go out tonight. Now what I need to know is what in the hell should I wear!” She could hear Megan giggling in the background. “What’s so funny?”

“Just that you were against going out with him and now you’re worried about what to wear. Could this be the beginning of love?” She questioned.

“Shut up Megan I’m serious. I don’t want to scare the guy away? Does he go for the girl next door look or the slutty look” she asked laughing.

“I don’t know.....his last girlfriend had the girl next door look. You know the one that you’re not ashamed to take home to mom”

Nikki couldn’t help but laugh. “Thank god because I don’t feel like being slutty tonight”

“Jon really isn’t a picky guy as far as girls go though....”

Nikki spoke up before Megan even got finished. “Thanks a lot Megan!”

“Will you let me finish?! What I was going to say is that he tends to go for what’s on the inside of a person not the outside. He’s gone for looks before and she turned out to be the biggest bitch on the planet. So after her he was really careful with who he went out with”

“Okay so if he was careful after her then what happened with the last girl he dated?” She asked curiously.

“I don’t know all the details....I think I’ll let him tell you....”

“Okay” Nikki figured it must have been really bad judging by what her friend had just said. He seemed like a sweet guy so she couldn’t imagine what even happened between them. “Well let me get off of here, I need to go find an outfit for tonight”

“Have fun tonight! And I want all the details...well except if you two have sex. I don’t want to here about my cousin” she told her trying to hold back laughing.

“MEGAN! You know I wouldn’t do that on the first date!” She paused for a second then laughed “Maybe the second but not the first!”

“Oookay...on that note I’m off here! I’ll talk to you later. Bye Nikki!” she could hear her friend laughing as she was hanging up. “I have a feeling the both of them are in for a fun night...”

Back at Jon’s apartment he was having the same issues as Nikki, not exactly sure what he should wear. He was taking her to a really nice restaurant so his normal jeans and t shirt were not an option. While looking through his closet he found a pair of black dress pants he’d forgotten that he had “These will do, now all I need is a decent shirt” He continued to look through his closet not having any luck “You have got to be fucking kidding me, how can I not have a shirt in all these clothes” Just when he thought he would have to go out and buy one for tonight he found a silk baby blue shirt. He grabbed it off the hanger and looked at it “Works for me!”

After getting his clothes picked out he went into the living room to call his mom to let her know that he was not coming over for dinner. He knew she wouldn’t be happy but he was going to be in town until after the holidays so they would have plenty of time to have dinner.

Later that evening Nikki was getting ready and the closer it got to seven the more nervous she got. She stood in front of the mirror double checking her outfit, and had decided on a black dress with a v neckline showing a little of her breasts “I hope he like’s this.” She went into her bedroom where she got her new full length leather coat and heard a knock on the door. “I guess that’s him” she walked over to the door and took in a deep breath while turning the knob. Her eyes widened when she saw Jon. Absolutely gorgeous. The blue shirt that he had on made his eyes stand out even more, not to mention he had the first four buttons of his shirt undone exposing the chest hair that she just wanted to run her hand through. I don’t know if I can make it through this tonight without jumping on him.

Jon handed her a dozen roses “These are for you....” He couldn’t help but stare at her she was even prettier than he had imagined. A smile spread across his face as he bit on his bottom lip when he saw her breasts. “You look really nice tonight” he said shyly.

“Thank you....so do you” she moved out of the way and motioned for him to step inside “Just have a seat. I’m going to put these in some water then I’ll be ready” she was smiling as she walked into the kitchen. And Jon was enjoying watching her walk, he didn’t want to rush things with her like he had done before but damn if it wasn’t going to be hard not to. She walked back into the living room and saw him looking at some of her photos on the shelf. “Finding anything interesting” she asked while putting on her dress shoes.

He glanced over and smiled “Just looking. Did you take these?”

“Yeah, I do that in my spare time.”

“Some of these are really good, why don’t you do that for a living” he questioned.

“It’s just a hobby for me. Besides that if I made it my career I don’t think I would enjoy it that much”

“I guess you’re right” he stood there watching her and was curious as to why she broke up with her last boyfriend. To Jon she seemed perfect. “So...you ready to go?”

She told him that she was and he opened the door letting her out first. “Where are we going to?”

“The car?” Jon told her sarcastically.

“Well I kind of figured that much!” she glanced over and smiled at him “I meant where are we going for dinner?”

He opened up the car door for her as she got in “A new restaurant that just opened up in town”

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your story. Looking forward to reading the next chapter!

Sunstreaked said...

Jon, baby blue shirt, roses - does a girl need more? Okay, food first for energy!

Great chapter! Characters are very real and love the hesitency of their youth!