Saturday, May 10, 2008

Chapter 1

Brief Overview:This story was set back in 1985, New Jersey. Nikki (Long curly light brown hair and dark brown eyes) and Megan are both 23 yrs old have been best friends since first grade and have been through pretty much everything together.

Nikki was sitting on her couch reading her book when her phone rang.“What!” she growled.

“Geez Nikki what in the hell is your problem” Megan asked.

“Oh sorry Megan I thought you were my asshole of an ex”

“Is he still bothering you?” she questioned

“Yeah, he keeps calling me and I keep hanging up. You would think he could take the hint” she laughed.

“You should let me set you up with my cousin Nikki...he’s a really sweet guy” Megan pleaded.

“We have discussed this before....and my answer is still no Megan!”

“Alright, I won’t ask you again for a while then” she said laughing“Meg there has to be something wrong with him”

“Why do you say that?” she asked curiously.

“Because I can’t find a decent guy, look at the last couple of guys I dated. I’m beginning to think I’m a dumb ass magnet” she snorted as she laughed.

Without skipping a beat Megan replied “I got to agree with ya there girl!”

“You really didn’t have to agree that fast...”

“Sure I did, what are friends for!” Megan laughed

“Ha ha very funny for a girl who tries to get her cousin dates. Can he not even ask a girl out?” she asked.

“Uhhh yeah.....He’s just afraid to after the last girl he dated treated him like dirt”

“Sounds like he has the same kind of luck as me” she sighed.

“And that’s why I think you guys would make a good couple...I mean neither one of you have had the greatest relationships.”

“Well thanks a lot for cheering me up buddy!” Nikki joked.

“You know what I mean smart ass! Wait until you see him then you will be begging me to set you up” she laughed knowing her friend all to well.

“I doubt it. The last picture I saw of him wasn’t all that flattering” she replied sarcastically.

“Uh huh and that was taken almost four years ago. Why don’t you come over to the apartment tonight and just meet him?”

“Well hell I guess I will just so you will leave me alone”They both said goodbye and Nikki went to pick out her clothes to meet her best friend’s cousin. “He’d better be worth it because that book was getting really interesting”

3 comments:

Sunstreaked said...

I started this story over on the Jovi Forum and I LOVE IT! I hope you keep posting as it is a nice unique start, the characters are good, and I love reading stories about the beginning years of Jovi.

You've captured a very good "hook" for your story and I've bookmarked this and will be following along!

Mishna said...

I love your story. I haven't read one that was set in the 80s before. I agree with Sunstreaked. I love the storyline and the hook. I also have bookmarked so that I can follow along. You have really captured a young Jon, it is refreshing.

Mishna said...

I love your story. I haven't read one that was set in the 80s before. I agree with Sunstreaked. I love the storyline and the hook. I also have bookmarked so that I can follow along. You have really captured a young Jon, it is refreshing.