Monday, May 12, 2008

Chapter 4

The next day at work for the first time in weeks, Nikki walked in with a smile on her face. As soon as she walked through the door she was greeted by one of her co-workers Sarah, "Hey Nikki, how are you today?"

She hung up her coat and smiled "I’m just fine, how are you"

"You’re awfully happy to be here at work today" she walked over to were Nikki was standing
"Did you get laid last night?" she whispered.

She smiled thinking back "No! I did meet someone though"

"So who is the guy that has you all smiles" Sarah asked.

"Megan’s cousin.....She had been trying to get us together for a while and last night I finally went to meet just so she would leave me alone" she started laughing as she walked back to the office.

Sarah’s mouth dropped open as she ran right behind her "Wait just a minute...Do you mean Megan’s cousin Jon?"

Nikki turned around in shock "Yeah...you know him?"

"Jon Bongiovi right?"

Nikki raised a brow as she turned to go back out the door "Yeesss...."

Her eyes widened "My god Nikki do you not know who he is?"

She shrugged her shoulders unsure exactly what Sarah was talking "Ummm he is Jon Bongiovi....Megan’s cousin. What’s the big deal"

Sarah got one of the other workers to come over to them "Guess who Nikki is dating"

"Hold on Sarah, I never said we were...." she couldn’t even finish her sentence before Sarah told the other girl who it was.

"Oh my god are you kidding me! I have wanted to meet him so bad!"
Nikki was a bit confused about what the big deal was he was just another guy or so she thought.

"Damn Nikki do you live under a rock...his band is the biggest thing out of Jersey since Springsteen!"

She really wasn’t that big into rock music so it really didn’t even impress her that he was in a popular band. "Okay and I work here at this wonderful little diner" she said sarcastically "Who cares?"

Meanwhile back at his parents house Jon had just woken up as the sun started shining through his window. He looked over at the clock and it was noon "Shit, I didn’t mean to sleep that long!" He rolled out of bed and grabbed his jeans so that he could go downstairs and see his family. Knowing he would only be in town he wanted to spend as much time with him as possible, but he also wanted to get to know Nikki a little more. Ever since last night he couldn’t stop thinking about her. I think I’ll give her a call later tonight. He didn’t want to rush things with her but at the same time he was curious about her, she wasn’t the typical girl that he went out with. Something about her was just different and he was intrigued by her.

4 comments:

MonzaBird said...

I really like this story. looking forward for more soon :)

Opester said...

Okay, we're off to an interesting start! Lucky she has a friend like Megan, but heck at 23 she doesn't like rock music? Wow, at 23 I didn't know there was other music!!! Nice jobe so far!

The Goddess Hathor said...

Intrigue is good.... And I'm looking forward to seeing just how the intrigue plays out!

~ Hath

Sunstreaked said...

Wow is Nikki in for a surprise with the young Jon Bon Jovi!

Sure makes me wish I had lived in Jersey or even Vancouver during those days!

(Oops! Did I say that out loud?"