Thursday, May 29, 2008

Chapter 6

Jon got back to his apartment and tossed his jacket onto the chair as he walked in the door. The first thing he did was grab his wallet out of his back pocket to get her number. He picked up the phone as he sat down on the couch and suddenly started feeling a little nervous. What in the hell is wrong with you Jon? It’s not like you’ve never called a girl before. After letting out a deep breath he dialed her number and he let the phone ring about eight times “Well hell, I guess she’s not home” Just as he was getting ready to hang up she answered the phone.

“Hello?"

“Nikki?”

“Yes this in Nikki....who is this?”

“Jon...umm Megan’s cousin”

“Oh Hi! ” Nikki stood there in shock not believing that he actually called her that fast.

“So did you have a good day at work?”

Nikki laughed “I was at work what does that tell you”

“That tells me that you probably didn’t” he said laughing. Damn it Jon ask her out don’t screw this up. “Nikki....are you doing anything tomorrow?”

She had the biggest smile on her face as she heard the question “Nope, I was just going to sit here and read” Geez Nikki you sound like a complete loser....I’m going to read..you could at least say you were going to get drunk. Make your life at least sound a little exciting!

Jon had a smirk on his face and figured he would mess with her “Well I don’t want to interrupt your reading. Maybe we could go out some other time”

“NO! Thats okay, I need to go out.....Did that sound too eager?” she asked while laughing.

“Not at all....” just the sound of her laughing made him want to be with her.

“So what were your plans for tomorrow night?” she asked curiously.

“That depends on you”

She sat there for a second before she replied “Depends on me?”

“Yeah....what is your idea of a perfect date” he asked softly wanting to know the kinds of things that she liked.

The question caught her off guard because no guy had ever even asked for her opinion, she just did what they wanted to. “I really don’t know.......I guess a nice dinner maybe?”

“I think I can manage that” he knew the most perfect and romantic place to take her to “What about a walk on the beach?”

What is this guy doing to me? He’s almost to good to be true... “That sounds like it would be the perfect date” she said softly.

“Alright....is seven o’clock okay for you?”She smiled

“Yeah. That’s fine with me. I guess I’ll see you tomorrow then”

“I’ll see you then....”

“Okay, bye Jon”

“Bye ba....umm Nikki”Jon quickly hung up the phone hoping she didn’t catch what he was about to call her. Smooth move Jon! He got up off the couch grinning from ear to ear and headed off to take a shower.

1 comment:

Sunstreaked said...

Is it a universal fantasy of all us Jon girls to have the man call us "baby", especially the way he drawls it out?

I can't believe I missed so many chapters, but I'm making up for lost time!